Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home...and staying!

The following was written by junior guard Jazmine Martin from Hoover, AL. Hoover is a suburb of Birmingham located about ten minutes from the campus of Samford.

Living ten minutes away from school has it's pros and its cons but I absolutely love it. To me, my family means everything and when deciding to come to Samford, that played a huge role in my decision. I love the fact that I can go home every single day if I wanted to and not many people on our team have that privilege, so I am very appreciative of that. Being at Samford gives me the opportunity not to miss a moment of my younger siblings lives also. I have a five year old sister and a seven year old brother and being able to go watch them while they play in their extracurricular activities means a lot to them from me as a big sister but it also means a lot more to me knowing that they want to follow in my foot steps. I'm glad that I don't have to miss out on any part of them growing up. Going to college 10 minutes away is one of the best things that I could ask for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment