Friday, November 4, 2011

The following blog was written by freshman Keke Fletcher out of Huntsville, AL

Keke, left, with teammates Jazmine Martin, Jazmine Powers and Ruth Ketcham

My transition from high school to college was fairly easy, but for most people it would probably be a different story. I never got homesick, though I did see my parents every weekend for the first 5 weeks. I feel like, however, I was prepared for this transition mentally and I know that if I need my parents or family, they are only a phone call away. Although, with this new transition comes freedom and unless you know how handle this freedom responsibly you will fall hard. So come to college with a mindset of what you are and what you are not going to do.

The best part about the difference in high school and college probably has to be the school hours. You can choose when to take classes, instead of being forced to sit through 8 hours of class 5 days a week, however, the workload is definitely harder than all my years of high school, especially coming in as a freshman. This might differ depending on what your major is. My major is Exercise Science and I do not have to do a lot of papers, which I love, but as a freshman, I am required to take Cultural Perspective and Communication Arts which are both filled with papers and essays. However, I am not given more than I can handle. Other than working hard, the best advice I can give, is to pay attention in class no matter how boring the class might seem, because you may get a boring class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment