Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Time...Is Study Time!

The following was written my Paige Anderson of Spring Garden, AL. Paige is a senior accounting major currently holding a 3.85 GPA.


One reason I chose to come to Samford was its high academic standards. I had always heard that a degree from Samford was definitely going to have a high standing in the working world, and since that’s what I’m going to have I sure hope that everybody is right! Although, just getting a degree from a school with high standards is great, it is definitely a plus to graduate with good grades on your transcript. To do that takes a lot of hard work and is actually pretty time consuming. This is how I do it!

First of all, I study like all the time! Just to clarify, I really really do NOT like to study. That seems to be a misconception about people who make good grades. Now that we have that cleared up I’ll tell you my everyday routine. I get up at about seven every morning (even when I don’t have class until one) and start reading some “awesome” accounting books with no color on the pages at all. Then, I move on to some great business law, and round my reading off with a few pages of income tax. Exciting right? Despite the fact that concentrating in that stuff is difficult in the morning, I usually make it through. Then, I go to class. After class, I go to basketball workouts (usually skills, weights and conditioning, and pick-up).  The next part is when it gets really difficult. When I get out of basketball, I really just want to get cleaned up and go to bed, BUT there’s still more studying to do! I usually get a few hours in at night, but sometimes, despite my best efforts, I give in to the things I really want to do like watch tv and actually talk to people. Imagine that, nerds actually have friends! Anyways,  I usually end up going to bed around eleven o’clock. Then, I get up the next day and start all over.

Now that you know my usual routine, I think you would be interested to know that I’m writing this while I need to be studying for my auditing and legal environment test!  As you can see, even with my best efforts to manage my time effectively, sometimes it just doesn’t really work out that way. I hope you enjoyed reading about my attempt to manage my time and make good grades while being a basketball player. Sorry if I bored you. I bore myself sometimes. That was a joke... But really I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment